We are available as a filming location.
Bardsdale United Methodist Church is a Carpenter Gothic church featuring a 60 ft. bell tower and other beautiful architectural details. The church was built in 1898 and is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
“The Bardsdale Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated last Sunday by Dr. G.W. White of Los Angeles. The building cost $2550, will seat 350 persons, and has a fine basement fitted for social gatherings. There was $550 remaining due on the building, which was subscribed Sunday morning.”
A portion of the ceiling fell on a parishioner during a service in 1982, leading to an extensive renovation. The renovation and restoration work included materials purchased from a church in Los Angeles that had closed in 1982. The materials salvaged from that church included stained-glass windows, an oak chancel, chandeliers,
The church also features a Schoenstein pipe organ that was purchased in 1986, with $60,000 donated by parishioners. In a tradition dating back to the mid-1960s, the Bardsdale Chancel Choir performs a free holiday vesper program during the Christmas season.
The Ventura County Cultural Heritage Board designated the clapboard church County Landmark #50 in 1979, calling it “the only example of carpenter Gothic in the Fillmore-Bardsdale area.” The Gothic church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
For more information please call or email our Site Representative:
(805) 340 2631